The undercoat DeShedding Tool for Dogs by FURminator® enables you to share your home with your dog, without surrendering it to their hair. Use the DeShedding tool to remove the loose, dead undercoat from your pet without cutting or damaging their topcoat.
- The FURminator deShedding tool reduces loose hair from shedding up to 90% with regular use
- Removes the loose hair from shedding
- Curved edge for comfortable, effective loose undercoat hair removal
- Reaches through topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use
- Curved edge – comfortably follows pet's natural shape
- FURejector® button to quickly and easily release collected hair
- Teeth remove undercoat hair without damaging topcoat
- Guaranteed to work or your money back – see product label for details
- Packaging: ships in easy open sustainable packaging
- Step 1 - Undercoat deShedding can be performed at any time on a pet with a completely dry coat, but for best results it is recommended to be performed immediately after washing and drying. FURminator brand's line of grooming products are designed to promote healthy skin and coats in pets, and with regular use it significantly reduces the amount of hair being shed into your home.
- Step 2 - Before using the undercoat deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which you pet’s coat may conceal. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing. In addition, before using the undercoat deShedding tool, remove tangles and mats with FURminator Fur Dematting Tool or Grooming Rake.
- Step 3 - Use the undercoat deShedding tool much like a brush, gently stroking across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth towards the coat. Start from your pet’s head and work your way back, using extra care near the stomach, legs, genitals, and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using fewer long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Although the Skinguard design prevents digging in at edges and helps the undercoat deShedding tool slide over skin, deep or rough brushing can still irritate pet skin, so avoid brushing with excessive pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation discontinue use.
- Step 4 - As undercoat hair is collected by your tool, excess hair can be re moved from the teeth of the tool by pushing the FURejector button.
- The undercoat deShedding tool may be used on most animals that shed, including dogs, cats, and other pets with an undercoat. The undercoat deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
- For best results, use the FURminator undercoat deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on your pet’s breed, the condition of their coat, and the thickness of the pet’s individual coat. It may be necessary to use the undercoat deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons. FURminator’s grooming edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier while the Skinguard design eliminates digging and allows to tool to glide over most pet skin.
- The undercoat deShedding tool will remove large amounts of loose hair and undercoat, so a location that is easy to clean, such as a tile floor indoors or an outdoor area, makes cleanup more convenient. Most importantly, always choose a location where your pet feels comfortable and safe.
- Brush your pet before using the undercoat deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth, as well as feel uncomfortable for the pet.
- Be careful not to drop or place the undercoat deShedding tool where it can fall, as it may result in damage to the tool’s teeth
- The deShedding edge can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap if necessary. Cleaning can reduce the feeling of a dull edge by reducing dander collection on the teeth of the deShedding edge. Dry the undercoat deShedding tool completely before storing.
- The FURminator undercoat deShedding tool has an Edge Guard around the deShedding edge, so the tool does not require a cap when stored. Simply press down the FURejector button and pull towards you to lock the Edge Guard into place, protecting the deShedding edge.