DeShedding Tool for Cats
34.99 36.99 $34.99 - $36.99
The DeShedding Tool for Cats by FURminator enables you to share your home with your pet, without surrendering it to their hair. Use the DeShedding tool to remove the loose, dead undercoat from your pet without cutting or damaging their topcoat.
If you live with pets, you live with pet hair. FURminator professional-grade grooming solutions make the pet owner’s home happier by dramatically reducing loose hair from the undercoat. Our deShedding tools, grooming tools and hair solutions offer a grooming regimen catered to any dog or cat. The FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for cats removes the loose hair from shedding and helps keep the coat dirt and debris-free. The tool is specially designed to reach through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair without damaging the topcoat or cutting the skin (when used as directed). DeShedding can help reduce hairball formation in cats because fewer loose hairs are consumed during self-grooming. The ergonomic handle makes grooming easy, and the FURejector button releases hair with ease. The Curved Edge conforms to your pet’s natural build and shape for comfort. Use weekly on cats with double coats. Brushing and combing are not the same as undercoat deShedding. FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool removes significantly more loose hair than a standard comb. Undercoat deShedding removes most loose hair before your pet has a chance to shed it on the surfaces of your home! Use FURminator pet products for professional-quality, at-home grooming results as part of the FURminator Ultimate Hair Reduction System™: Brush daily to detangle and smooth fur; deShed weekly to reduce shed hair; bathe monthly to clean and deodorize; and collect and discard loose hair as needed.
- Removes loose hair: reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair without cutting skin or damaging the topcoat (when used as directed).
- FURejector button: just push the button to release hair with ease.
- The deShedding edge can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap if necessary
- Helps reduce hairball formation: deshedding can help reduce hairball formation because fewer loose hairs are consumed during self-grooming.
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use
- Edge reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair
- Curved SkinGuard design glides over cat's skin
- Helps keep coat dirt and debris-free
- Best used weekly for cats with double coats
- Guaranteed: guaranteed to work or your money back – see product label for details.
Please read all the instructions and FAQs pamphlet that came with your FURminator deShedding Tool package carefully before beginning your grooming. Use the FURminator undercoat deShedding Tool only as directed. Undercoat deShedding is not the same as brushing or combing – it removes loose dead hair from shedding without cutting or damaging the topcoat. For informational purposes a brief overview of the "FURminator deShedding Tool" directions is presented below.
- Step 1 - Undercoat deShedding can be performed at any time on a pet with a completely dry coat, but for best results it is recommended to be performed immediately after washing and drying. FURminator brand's line of grooming products are designed to promote healthy skin and coats in pets, and significantly reduce the amount of hair that is being shed into the house with regular use.
- Step 2 - Before using the undercoat deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which you pet’s coat may conceal. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing. In addition, before using the undercoat deShedding tool, remove tangles and mats with FURminator Fur Dematting Tool or Grooming Rake.
- Step 3 - Use the undercoat deShedding tool much like a brush, gently stroking across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth towards the coat. Start from your pet’s head and work your way back, using extra care near the stomach, legs, genitals, and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using fewer long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Although the Skinguard design prevents digging in at edges and helps the undercoat deShedding tool slide over skin, deep or rough brushing can still irritate pet skin, so avoid brushing with excessive pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation discontinue use.
- Step 4 - As undercoat hair is collected by your tool, excess hair can be re moved from the teeth of the tool by pushing the FURejector button.
Can the undercoat deShedding tool be used on all pets?
- The undercoat deShedding tool may be used on most animals that shed, including dogs, cats, and other pets with an undercoat. The undercoat deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
- For best results, use the FURminator undercoat deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on your pet’s breed, the condition of their coat, and the thickness of the pet’s individual coat. It may be necessary to use the undercoat deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons. FURminator’s grooming edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier while the Skinguard design eliminates digging and allows to tool to glide over most pet skin.
- The undercoat deShedding tool will remove large amounts of loose hair and undercoat, so a location that is easy to clean, such as a tile floor indoors or an outdoor area, makes cleanup more convenient. Most importantly, always choose a location where your pet feels comfortable and safe.
- Brush your pet before using the undercoat deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth, as well as feel uncomfortable for the pet.
- Be careful not to drop or place the undercoat deShedding tool where it can fall, as it may result in damage to the tool’s teeth
- The deShedding edge can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap if necessary. Cleaning can reduce the feeling of a dull edge by reducing dander collection on the teeth of the deShedding edge. Dry the undercoat deShedding tool completely before storing.
- The FURminator undercoat deShedding tool has an Edge Guard around the deShedding edge, so the tool does not require a cap when stored. Simply press down the FURejector button and pull towards you to lock the Edge Guard into place, protecting the deShedding edge.